Thread: Ambar (made by me)

Post Ambar (made by me)

I think this is the place to put my finished maps.

Any comments, suggestions or anything are good. please make me know. im new with this, but i like it a lot, i expect to make more in the near future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ambar copia.jpg 
Views:	688 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	14183  

Congrats on your first map.

It has potential, but for me, the one thing that is distracting, is the sheer volume of roads and paths compared to the size of the community. As it stands, it is easy to see it was made with the City Maker online applet.

I think if you were to go over the map, and remove some of the extraneous roads you would get a more organic looking city.

Good first attempt tho! Congrats!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'll echo what NeonKnight said and add that for me the tree color is a little bright/saturated - I would go with something a bit darker. But that's personal preference.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

yeah, maybe some of the streets move to a dead point where no houses are near. the reason i use the city maker was that made me a random city, and i was traing to learn how to make that map XD.

About the trees, any one of you, know how to make a more realistic Texture or brush of trees? because the one i have is the one in the map, and its not the best one XD

This is a nice map! I'd reduce the glow you applied to the mountains, if there isn't a specific reason that they look like this. There are also roads showing through the woods. If it isn't supposed to look like this, I'd erase them.