Thread: City Map - Opal Island

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Post City Map - Opal Island

This is Opal Island. Opal Island is a Free City that serves as a capital of sorts for the Republic of Sanmyr in my homebrew DnD game. Opal Island lies in the center of a large body of freshwater named Silver Lake. An ancient place of power, in ages long past it was blessed by the very deities themselves so that it would always have pleasant, near-tropical weather and that its fields would always produce bountiful crops, 10 times that of a comparable sized lot of land. Opalialgos, as it is known in the old tongue, has boomed over the last century growing from a small monastic agrarian settlement to the bustling cosmopolitan metropolis of well over 60,000 permanent citizens. In the summer months this population swells beyond counting as thousands come to see the Regal Games hosted in the the Arena.

This map was done entirely by me using photoshop on top of an original hand-drawn scan. The work in progress thread can be found in the City Maps section.

I hope you like it, and anyone that wants to download it and use it for private use is more than encouraged to do so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Opal Island - Final.jpg 
Views:	1591 
Size:	3.93 MB 
ID:	14190  
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.