Good evening!

For years I have longed to be regularly playing a RPG with my wife, and sharing the game and completed adventures online.

This dream is finally happening! I have developed a nice RPG system suitable for two players (GM and single PC). And my wife and I are playing it almost daily, especially as we take our 14 month old son on evening walks.

Anyway, while hunting for maps I was led to this delightful website.

I might as well as for help! (The tutorial PDFs here are quite scanty for Inkscape, and I have not yet searched for forum-format tutorials)

My first two adventures are here and here, and each concludes with a map I made using Inkscape (on my Ubuntu laptop).

I am sure that someone with expertise could provide some constructive criticism that would make those maps look twice as nice with only a little more work. The initial learning curve must be just as steep as with any other physical skill, and I am a greenhorn rank beginner with Inkscape.

I have GIMP but barely know how to use it, and do not have much time to invest in learning more about it. I have seen that the two can work together but am fearful of approaching this until mid-August when my summer term teaching duties are complete.

Thank you in advance for any help!