Thread: Zeford

Guild Apprentice

Wip Zeford

Here's a map that I've been working on for a while now. It's not quite finished. I've been posting progress over on the profantasy site, not sure why I haven't posted it here yet. So here for your critique and commentary, I present the town of Zeford.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zedford5.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	14216  

Looks pretty sweet!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Nice map! I really like the layouts of the buildings and the clear differentiation between different areas. In particular I like the manors lined up along the river.
    I also think the farms are very nice.

Seems like it could use a few more streets, though. Especially in the area with the small houses in the north end of the city.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking good!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think this is another great example of what CD3 can do! Great job! I have no complaints whatsoever!

I really love the layout of this, especially with the surrounding fields.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for the comments everyone! I can humbly say that the layout of the city, the placement and size of the fields, even the inclusion and placement of the market "sqaure" are all a direct result of reading these posts and learning from all of your collective experience.

This is my first complete city map (even though there are some small touches I still want to add) and I truly couldn't have done it without all the great advice that is found among these pages.

Thank you!

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

I really like this! This is a great example of CD3 - now I just wish I had the tenacity to sit still long enough to learn a new software.
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.

Beautiful work KeithC, great layout and colors.