Thread: Fractal Terrains Pro Grid Problem

Help Fractal Terrains Pro Grid Problem

Hi! I've recently got Fratcal Terrains and I love it, but I have some problem with it when I'm goin to save the file with grids.

I'm trying to make a map according to HandsomeRobs Atlas tutorial and at the stage when you are supposed to save a file with only the grid settings the program crashes! I've tried to save the file as jpg, bmp and png but it doesn't work. Does anybody know what might be wrong and what I should do instead?

I'm afraid that I think it's a known bug, Uomaru. Try saving it without the grid and you should be ok. Also do a search on this site, I'm sure this topic has been discussed in much more detail.

Ok, I searched about it before but didn't get any results. I will try it again I guess! Thanks anyway

I know it's in here somewhere, but I can't find it either without getting too much or too little on the search results. Hopefully Waldronate (who wrote FT and Wilbur I think) will spot this post and come back to you.

I love that tutorial!

I don't know that I ever saved a file as 'just the grid'. What it did was make sure that all the landmass worked out to white and then saved with a contrasting grid.

Have you played with the colouring so everything is white and there is no shading? Then save an image png if possible. Remove all the white in your graphics program and you are left with just the grid.

Sigurd.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

There is a known bug with saving images with the grid enabled. It was fixed a while back but I'm not sure if there was an official release. Contact ProFantasy tech support and they should be able to get you a copy of the current beta that has this bug fixed.

Note that you can save the image without grids enabled without crashing. You can also (icky workaround) take a screen shot by setting the world heights and backgroun to black and then hitting the Print Screen key and pasting the desktop image into your favorite images editing software.
    Last edited by waldronate; 06-19-2009 at 03:04 AM.

I contacted the tech support and they gave me a link to a beta version. I can now save pics with grids, but the beta version screwed instead up the prescale offset tools

How so? The beta should have a much easier-to-use set of prescale offset tools.