Thread: A riddle

Post A riddle

This one should be easy

Ummmmmmmmm....a Map?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Also, it has trouble with the plural. Trees, not tree's; cities, not city's; buildings, not building's.

And English is my second language, so don't tell me it can't be done. Nyah

Heh. Yeah. Any opinion on their being smart-alecks in general, or is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I tend to find that the Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians have a better command of English than many English people I've met.
    Frankly, I think the Dutch speak the most beautiful English in the world. They even seem to have taken the best of American and (hideous ) Queen's English to concoct some sort of superior dialect.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think I'm suffering from deja vu or something.. I could've swore I read this very same post about 8-10 months ago.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

totally off topice, but the need that my grade 2's have "to share every connection they make to something" must be rubbing off on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I tend to find that the Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians have a better command of English than many English people I've met.
    I'm reading a fun sci-fi series that involves the Dutch, Germans, and Scandanavians quite heavily (along with the French, and some West Virginians).

It's Eric Flint's Ring of Fire series. Light, enjoyable, and you have to keep a lot of locations straight in your mind.

Also, it has trouble with the plural.

IT, is indeed Dutch.
    IT, speaks fluent Dutch and English.
    IT, can order food and drink in Japanese, Spanish, German, African and Suriname,
    But IT also went to a special school when IT was young and always had trouble with spelling and grammar.
    IT is starting to get severely ticked of by spelling Nazis in forums and chat rooms for several reasons including medical ones.
    End IT doez speling end Gremmer houw ehver the hel IT whants.

My apologies if I’m coming over a bit Strong, But I have to deal with Spelling Nazis Ganking me all the time and I’m getting very very tired. And don’t tell me you correct my spelling because you want to help me, Spelling Nazis do it for their own sick pleasure, and so they feel superior then those with poor spelling.

Spelling is important to some people, important enough for them to make a comment about it. If it bothers you, try to ignore it. This is a fight you cannot win. The "spelling nazis" as you call them, are everywhere.

Oh and why I think it's best to ignore it: I didn't think anything of your spelling at first, until your last post. You are attracting attention with it and speaking for myself, not the good kind of attention.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...