Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cities on interior of casme in 3d

Wip cities on interior of casme in 3d

something i wanted to do for awhile is make a 3d make of a casme with varies underdark cities on cliff of the interior walls. the bottom opening in to a vast underdark sea. im looking for any ideas, suggestion, exemples of similar maps anything
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the great gorge copy.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	14258  

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfate View Post
    something i wanted to do for awhile is make a 3d make of a casme with varies underdark cities on cliff of the interior walls. the bottom opening in to a vast underdark sea. im looking for any ideas, suggestion, exemples of similar maps anything
    I don't have any ideas to help, but will be interested in watching this thread. The D&D 4E campaign I just started begins in such a city terraced into 14 levels of a large chasm with several side chambers. Originally, I did not have any plans to map out any of it, but ended up having some stuff happen in the city, so had to at least do some freeform mapping of one part of a level for an encounter. Still not sure I want to take on the whole thing, but if there are some suggestions on making it easier, I might just do the entire city.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip

well ive addad some color. can you tell what it is?

Name:	the great gorge copy 2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	14349  

Very interesting perspective. It took me a moment. I really appreciate the concept itself.

I was wondering if it might be more clear with the addition of some dashed lines on the left/right extreme of each layer leading to the one above and below...for the link to the topmost layer, it wouldn't be visible through the grass.

Wip cities on interior of casme

i had a feeling it might not be aparent at first glance. i will indeed put a dotted line, i just cant figure how to make a dotted line in photoshop.
    here it is with cc3 city icons, not sure if thats legal but its what i have for now

Name:	the great gorge copy 3.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	14364  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This is a neat idea, and it's coming along nicely...

...but your 'noisy brown background' makes the text a bit hard to read unless you're all the way zoomed in.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip cities on interior of casme

ok ive fixed some of the issues how it look?

Name:	the great gorge copy 3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	14384  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That background is much better, the text is much more legible at lower res/zoom.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

I love the idea and the map. Personally, I do not think the dotted line does anything to add to the 3D effect.

Do you mind if I fiddle with an idea and post a small sample if it works?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast