Thread: Railroads of Tordryon

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Map Railroads of Tordryon

Hello friends!

I just threw this map together and I thought I'd come by and see if I could get some feedback. The map's probably a little all over the place, but I've done some things with it I've never done.

It's in a steampunk setting warped to my liking, and I wanted to make that more than obvious with the map. It's meant to portray the available rails throughout the nation, as my up-and-coming campaign will feature the players stuck on a train.

Let me know what you think. There are a lot of things I'm iffy on, but if I could get some feedback, I'd be quite happy.

I would also like to know how y'all think I could do rivers in this style. Obviously my choice of water representation is a little weird, but I can't seem to find a good way to do rivers. Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Daniel from the Burrow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tordryon.gif 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	14289  
    Last edited by Jharviss; 06-20-2009 at 01:44 AM.
    Daniel "Jharviss" Burrow

Director of Cracked Monocle Studios,
    CrackedMonocle.com

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it's pretty good so far, though for me I would get rid of the checkered pattern in the background - it's to distracting and easily draws the eye (at least mine) away from the more important features of the map.

Another thing you might want to try (just as an experiment) is lowering the opacity of the gears you used as a border. They look fine, I'm just curious to see how it would look if you tried it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Love the details and they style. I agree with steel about the checkerboard though... maybe if you just toned down the contrast between the two colors so it was more of a background?

I like this very much. I do agree with the comments about the background, I'm not a big fan, and I'm not sure I like that the title of the map doesn't have it's own color to set it apart. The texture and lines are fantastic, though. Just a little something color-wise to make it "pop," if you will.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."