Thread: Alchemy Guild

Wip Alchemy Guild

Hello again my fellow cartographers!!!

I would like to present to all of you my new proyect, here is the map of the Alchemy guild, as drawn by a very sneaky Rogue, well at least the fisrt floor. So what i'm going to do over the course of this months is to do a VTT version of this map, this is to texture and fill it completely with a realistic look of what it woul look like. Your comments and feedback mean a lot to me, so please do. Without further due, here is the Alchemy Guild:

Hope that ecveryone is having fun,

Drahyden,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alchemy.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	4.67 MB 
ID:	14316  
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Cool idea. No suggestions from me I just hope it comes out cool or makes me think of some new stuff that I've never thought about (which it is already doing so good job there).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Good idea!

I can understand the allure but I find the font very hard to read. Also the runes are exotic but strange next to 'Kitchen' spelled real plain. If its a thief's map perhaps the glyphs would be from traps or treasure chests?

Perhaps the map was done from rough notes in the field and then a master made when there was more time. Each room might have its own map with detailed info and the big map might have the typical position of guards etc...

Sigurd

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good point Sig...a thief wouldn't know what each room is really for, he'd just want to know what's in it and how to get at it. Since each of these rooms has a functions listed, I'd say this is more of a map for apprentices so that they don't wander into a place that they shouldn't be in.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I agree, i apologise, perhaps it is a cue for new apprentices of the guild to mark thir way thruo it. Either way i'm on iy, expet a room or two today

Have fun,

Drahyden
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

I'm just thinking out loud. Its a very pretty map.

Please don't apologize, then I'll have to apologize for things and I wont have _any_ time!

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Wip

Hello my fellow cartographers,

Hello again, well i've started creating the rooms in the Alchemy Guild, so i started with the necroalchemy lab, there are some autopsy tables, some chairs, and the place they store corpses, also the alchemists use the space over the big corpse storage thingy to store their equipment, like beakers, flasks, mundane alchimical substances, nothing potent; also knifes, sissors, pincers, and other stuff. On the center of the room the exibition table, where masters will show the new adepts of the guild how to make necrotic alchemy and the researchers will experiment creating blood and flesh golems, using necrotic alchemy and the misterios quintaessence that it is said to be hidden within the walls of the guild. On the wooden floor the symbol of death to patron their wicked but usefull experiments. Everything in the name of science.

Any comment and/or suggestion is well recived,

Hopeing everyone is doing fine and having fun,

Drahyden

Name:	Alchemy Mansion.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	4.08 MB 
ID:	14350  

Wip An update in the Alchemy Guild

Hello again my fellow cartographers,

Here i present to you and update of the Alchemy Guild. I was lately working on the main alchemy laboratory, needless to say i haven't finish but i wished to post an advancement on it. First i would like to say that this proyect is really exciting for me, for one i'm studying a chemistry mayor and i get the chance of working on really cool labs. Also i've had the oportunity to visit several industries witch give me a really good pespective.

On the other hand i've allways been facinated by the alchemists tales and stories, and how the put the firsts stones on modern chemistry. So for the main lab what i've done are four big working tables with some elements on them. Of course i will eventually fill them up, apparently alchemists werent that organized; some chairs for new guild members to take their lectures on, a transmutation stone; wich is like an oven, only insead of heat, magic is used, and ... chan chan chan... a multypurpuse alchemy procesor with a reactor, few containers, mixing chambers, heaters, valves, heat exchangers and a brindge to control by sight the process.

Much work needs to be done but i hope ill eventually finish it up.

Thankyou very much for your comments, you really help me out.

Hoping everyone is allright
    Drahyden

Name:	Alchemy Masion.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	14787