Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cartographers' Guild breaks the 10,000 member mark!

Guild Novice

Drats, Gandwarf has found me out!

Naw, just kidding. I do have some old videos of it around though....*goes all nostalgic*

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looking at this just now and something popped into my head. Last night I looked at the member count while replying to a post and we had 11,999 members around midnight CST. Now at 7pm CST we have 12,042. That means we picked up 43 in 19 hours. Not only that but also we picked up 2,000 in under 2 months...we were approaching 10k on June 22 (when this thread first appeared). How cool is that?! It's uber cool. So I'd just like to reiterate...thank you to everyone who makes this place kick ass and take names...lots of them apparently
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That is amazing. I mean, it's fully deserved, it's just... wow.

Sounds like we hit some kind of critical mass. I guess that explains why I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts for a while. I used to be able to read all the new messages every day, and now I just hit a few highlights. Of course, part of that might be because I'm no longer working my sit-and-do-nothing job at the TV station any more.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Sounds like we hit some kind of critical mass. I guess that explains why I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts for a while. I used to be able to read all the new messages every day, and now I just hit a few highlights. Of course, part of that might be because I'm no longer working my sit-and-do-nothing job at the TV station any more.
    Likewise. For a while I used to read and comment on almost every map in the Regional Map forum (the one I was most interested in). Now... the thread I comment on is the exception, not the rule.

Also of note: of 12,067 members, we have about 2,003 active members (also a pretty big benchmark). I wonder how the board software calculates active membership?
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Not sure... I think inactive means a person hasn't signed in to his/her account for X days. And X is a setting...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Active is either, all accounts with a postcount higher than 0, or accounts that have made a post in the last ## days.
    Inactive, all the other ones.
    To be honest, I wouldn't count the inactive ones.
    You need to sign up with this forum to see attachments, so a lot of the members could just be people curious about one or two things and signing up to have a quick look.

This is meant in the good sense though, not in the new person starting a flaming match.
    2000 'active' members is quite an accomplishment!

Cool! 10K members.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123