Thread: Why did it take so long to find you all?

Post Why did it take so long to find you all?

I was just puttering around on the internet the other day, biding my time when I should be finishing a map that my friend had requested, when I stumbled upon this den of like-minded individuals.

I don't have a scanner at the moment so I won't be able to share my work with anyone for a bit, as it's mostly hand drawn. I'm glad that the board doesn't discriminate between manual and computer assisted maps; when I get a scanner I hope to use it for colorization.

Good cartography can set the tone of a campaign better than character design, it's the only visual art that directly affects the outcome of play. A good GM can't live without maps.

... must hav...e map......

Welcome to the guild!

A lot of nifty things the computer does feel like tricks that I really can't take much credit for. Computers are great tools and they do some undeniably neat things. NOTHING replaces being able to draw though.

Skills are harder to get than software revisions .
    Last edited by Sigurd; 06-23-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Looking forward to seeing some of your maps!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild

The internet's best kept Secret!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thank you for the kind words.