View Poll Results: Map an amusement park ride with fantasy theme?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - let's go again, Daddy!

16 69.57%
  • No - I think I'm getting sick on this ride.

7 30.43%

Thread: Amusement Park Ride Map??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Amusement Park Ride Map??

Just looking at Bordie's Dungeon Experience map in the finished forums, link here:
    Bordie's Map not so much the map, as the idea behind the map.

Create an amusement park ride - I'm thinking of the kind you get in a "car" or boat riding on a fixed track that meanders through a building or contained open area with different settings in each room/area.

Like a haunted house ride, or the rides you find at Disney - but flavored to a specific fantasy genre of your choosing. Dark fantasy, post-apocalyptic, high fantasy, the Underdark, the Old West, etc. Just stick with a theme and have rooms/areas focused iconic scenes from such a genre.

This could work either as a full monthly challenge or Lite one.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 06-23-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Apprentice

Hmm...could be really interesting, I work at a ride like that and lately I'd been thinking about how such a thing would make an interesting "dungeon" setting. Especially with a "boat" style ride, where the PCs would be wading through waist-high water.

I can actually see a lot of possibility for some really nice traps and interesting terrain hazards with a map like that, as well as it being just thematically fun to mess with, say, an old derelict carnival ride that's infested with monsters or something.
    Both of my main programs are free! Find them here:
    SketchUp 7
    Kerkythea
    Note that you need a SketchUp to Kerkythea exporter, which can be found on the Kerkythea website.

hmm... magic-powered roller coaster anyone?

It's a neat idea, but I don't know about making it the monthly challenge.

Guild Apprentice

^Actually, it'd be fairly easy to make a purely mechanical ride even for a medieval campaign, in the style of (for example) a wooden-eqsue roller coaster lifted by a watermill. Of course, it would be improbable and definitely an anachronism, but still possible. The whole "rooms with different settings" thing could be done with simple mechanical doors (car hits a lever, pushes door open) and...well...paint or actors or something. Much easier if you want to use magic (illusionist ftw!), but still.

Anyway, I wasn't going to bump, but I'd been mulling it over and since this was still the most recent...
    Both of my main programs are free! Find them here:
    SketchUp 7
    Kerkythea
    Note that you need a SketchUp to Kerkythea exporter, which can be found on the Kerkythea website.

I was thinking something like this....

Quote Originally Posted by Map Vandal View Post
    I was thinking something like this....
    Strangely appropriate – Nice!

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

Probably suitable for lite challenge. ?
    Last edited by Jykke; 07-03-2009 at 01:42 AM.