Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Valley - my first post here

Map The Valley - my first post here

So this is my first post, and also my first submission. I borrow lots of ideas from the CG for my game, so I thought I'd throw my own map up. It was hastily hand drawn then coloured/photosmashed in CS3. It isn't labeled or titled - part of the campaign is that the PC's are new to this area and have to map out and discover the settlements and their politics as they go, so on my Obsidian Portal site the map is updated as the game progresses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Valley.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	14417  

Blog Entries

Hey thats really great. I dont know why I like it so much but I do. It has an unusual style that makes me think that its been done by some adventurer. Its got gnome all over it...

I agree, a very evocative map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yep, that's a real fun looking map...the colors, the details here n there, well done mtns, etc. Very nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That is one cool map - beautiful.

Thanks everyone! I've made several others, but currently I'm using none of them. Maybe I'll dig through the HDD and put some of those up too... This is the first I've made that I've dominantly used textures from photos I've taken.

Very nice looking map indeed. if you are looking for some critique to improve it further, you might want to consider clearing some of that forest on top of the mountain on the right corner of the map. Otherwise I think it's just fine as it is.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Love me some hand-drawn maps!

*bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like this very much. I'd love to see you put a tutorial together on coloring hand-drawn maps in this style.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

I really like this. It looks like something that would be fun to print out and 'age' - it would make an excellent player handout.
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast