Thread: Gimp Brush Size

Guild Novice

Question Gimp Brush Size

Hello!

I am used to Photoshop, and since I don't have that program any more, I've gotten a little used to Paint.net. However, for my map making I'm attempting to switch to Gimp, but I'm getting a bit frustrated.

I am used to being able to switch brush size very quickly, having a scale or list I can click on or something along those lines. I could do it in Photoshop and Paint.net.

From what I can tell, I can't do that in Gimp. The brushes are pre-sized, and some of them won't even let me edit the size. (If I'm just missing a button somewhere, I'm going to feel pretty stupid). But that is the main thing holding me up in Gimp.

Is there a way to quickly change brush size? If it's not already in the program, is there something I can download to do this?

Guild Novice

Thanks! I wonder if my version is out of date, or if I've hit a button somewhere to make it display differently, because that's not what my brush window looks like. I'll reinstall when I get home.

Guild Novice

Yep, turns out my version was very out of date and I didn't know it. I'm glad I asked.