Thread: Fort brushes (Photoshop)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Post Fort brushes (Photoshop)

These are the fort brushes that I made for my Jasmine Coast map. They're small, simple, and meant to be used as icons but some clever thinking can turn them into something a bit more...see my map for an example. At the very least these can give you some ideas to build upon to make bigger forts or bigger brushes. This set is by no means all-encompassing, definitive, or complete -- these are just some basic shapes, some with curtain walls, some with turrets, and some with gatehouses. Enjoy them, use them, and add to them if you like but please post up any mods you make so that we can all share in the fun.

The pic might be small but c'est la vie; the brushes are .abr in the zip file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fort brushes.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	14448  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

Thank you Ascention, i can promise you I will put them to good use, and the cartographers guild will see them again.

Dont have much rep to spread around but I seem to send alot of it to you! Here is some more...

Good Idea.

Thanks - can never have too many free brushes, esp. organized by content!

Rep Meisters - will not let me rep you right now.I think the message the board wants to send is...

"MORE Rep for him!, ya gotta be kidding!"

Consider yourself phantom repped.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 06-25-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool! I use your other set fairly often, I'm sure I can find a use for these.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I may do an add-on for this at some point in the future with real-world castle shapes. Gotta get me some pics or floor plans first but it's what I'd like to do; cathedrals as well since I spend a lot of time in them fixing their windows, and maybe some famous type buildings and museums.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

There are plenty of images of Castle & Cathedral floor plans on the web. I've done many a search looking for interesting buildings to use as basic designs (like on my Shadizaar map)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very nice! Have some more rep, you glorious beacon of light, you.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks a lot for these - very nice indeed. And a little more rep...

My pleasure guys...I enjoy these lil pixel art things. If there's anything specific that you want just throw it in here and I'll see what I can do. Not sure about the glorious part but I try
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-26-2009 at 03:59 PM.