Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jasmine Coast

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Map Jasmine Coast

More experimenting, this time with a hybrid of techniques -- my usual style and the Burpwallow method of Su Liam. Everything was created by myself except for the fonts. If you want an unlabeled map there is one in the WIP thread. This was fun to do and I, again, learned much from it. One of these days I'm going to have to learn how to draw frames and such to really give these things some pop but for now I'm just happy drawing maps Oh and the flower was fun as well -- a primrose jasmine and jasmine hybrid that doesn't exist as far as I know.

Cheers all.

Big A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jasmine Coast - The Ascension.jpg 
Views:	1876 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	14450  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Awsome map. It kind of likes like part of the West Coast US. Was that intentional or am I seeing things not there?

Really beautiful!

Wow! (That was to short for the forum programs)
    So again. WOW!
    ---
    Gorkamorka

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice finishing touches... Bravo!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Joey -- it wasn't intentional but yeah, I saw that it looks sorta like Cali right off.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

I like this a lot. It's simple but still has a lot of details. The mountains look bit too transparent, but not a big problem at all. I like the cities and the small icons are really great.

Loving the map. The key looks a bit to clean and sharp edged for my liking but that's personal preference rather than a criticism.

I really love this map! I especially like the farmland and the cities. The name of the region on a badge surround by leafs turned out very, very well! Oh, and I like the fact that there's a place named Garlic Keep!

Oh, ouch...it's actually Garut Keep. Guess I should space my letters out a bit more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast