Thread: Anyone else using Sketchup to create maps?

Post Anyone else using Sketchup to create maps?

Title pretty much says it all. Id love to swap trade secrets with a fellow sketchup user.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't use it for making maps but I do use for some things. I've got a few posts about it and some basic building shapes in the Elements section. If I had more patience for doing structures then I'd use it a whole lot more. It's a lil clunky to get used to but so is most anything for that matter. I like it and find it fun to mess around with.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That link is pretty cool thanks I might use some of those.

Heres a cool link for you: Look down this thread a little at a plugin called "protrude" now think of it as a random city map generator that you can customize or just luse it a as a base for something. Only takes a few seconds to create cool / believable maps in any case.

Blog Entries

Theres quite a lot of people dabble with it here. Some use it for previs stages for a more authentic hand drawn render later. If you look at the CWBP location guide which is a link in my sig and look up Tile 7, Snapgallows then Seer and the FHCO did that in sketchup and made a real decent job of it.