Thread: Celtricia map for LordVreeg of the CBG

Guild Journeyer

Post Celtricia map for LordVreeg of the CBG

Here is map i have been working off and on for a few weeks, this is not the FINAL which is why its in this sections of the forums. The labels were just slapped down, so they will be redone properly. Boarder, cartouch and compass all remain on the to do list.

I must admit before this map i had never even touched a town or city map and new nothing on how to do them. So... here it is! What do you guys think?

PS the map has "over sized" town "icons" for two reasons. In celtria more happends inside a town than outside of town. Igbar *the main city in the middle, has much adventuring going on inside of town, so detailing the main districts i feel was neccesary for gaming use. Well... that and at this resolution icons or symbols were just too large and overly simplistic.

Igbar region map/Kingdom of Trabler

Very interesting way to show the cities - kudos!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This is pretty cool. I really like how you can see all of the hills folding and undulating across the surface; forests look good too. The colors are a bit too vivid for me, personally I like olive greens and teals, but to each their own. If you could, just as an experiment, put a layer of black white or gray on top, set it to hue, then turn the opacity down. On second thought, I'll do that myself. Nice job overall though so keep it up. Here's an example of what I was talking about...a layer of white set to hue at 67% opacity. It mutes everything...you may not like it but oh well, I satisfied my curiosity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenie.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	14457  
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-25-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

I will ask Vreeg which he likes more. I cant remember who but someone from the CartoGuild suggested desaturating using a white (or brown) mask with my Rhime map. I seem to have a "thing" for over vibrant colours. Or i just a dull monitor...

Thanks for the suggestion Ascension, I will probebly "tone it down a little" as i still have to relabel the thing, unless Vreeg says otherwise.