Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragongate Map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like your idea for the aqueducts, but for me they have to many supports for the short span they cover. *shrugs*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing...too many legs sticking out or maybe that they stick out too far.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

It isn't the spacing - it is the legs sticking out (I think)

Here is a photo of the aqueduct built to supply Caesarea that I took:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0553.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	475.8 KB 
ID:	14620

Very close together, but not buttressed!

-Rob A>

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Well, after a much extended absence I am back with this update. Since I last posted anything I have had to have emergency gall-bladder surgery, my campaign ended somewhat dramatically early, and my wife lost her job. I swear, it's like everytime I start some big cool project like this a ton of crap suddenly comes along. Oh well....such is life I suppose.

Anywho, here is the latest update. I redid the aqueducts and added several new buildings since the last update. I definately think these aqueducts look better.

As to further updates - I am not going to lie to you - they will be slow. But as I make them I will post here.

Thanks as always!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragongate WIP 05.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	15511  
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.

I think the aqueducts look great, and I think its a really cool map feature! Love this map in general... I can't believe I'm just now commenting on it.

One Q regarding the aqueducts... do they start at the bottom of the hill and then go up? It is awful close to another river at the top of the hill, and it seems more logical for that to be the source.

Welcome back Katerek. I hope everything turns out well.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Nope, they start at the reservoir and go down hill. They wont actually end up ending at the river, I just haven't finished them yet.
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.

Nice looking WIP.

I really like the way you've done the contours. Been trying Pyrandon's city map tutorial (with simplified contours) and ended up with a very nice painted hills effect BUT it doesn't really match the mountainous look of my original hand-drawn map as well as I'd like (hey, I'm a fan of Army maps - I'm all about contour lines). I think I might try it with more, as you've done, to see how it turns out.

Cool stuff. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
    M

This is an extremely late report - I have been absent from the Guild for far too long. As much as I hate to say it, I am never going to finish this map. The campaign blew up and priorities shifted to other domains.

I don't remember how to post anymore, but I do have some stuff I have done when last we met.

I apologize for the incomplete. If you would like, take what I have done and go crazy with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12