Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [taken]-[unpaid]Need generic fantasy map

That is awesome. Both the sepia and the gray look pretty good. I could most definitely use that or similar.

Some of you guys amaze me. I'd never have that kind of talent. But hopefully this works and I start getting some cash flow going then I'd be more than happy to pay, you guys rock.

-mike

Ascension, that map rocks in sepia.
    Sooner or later I am going to have to commission you myself
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looking at your site I saw that Chgowiz is there...couldn't he do the map?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Didn't know he did maps.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

DR has given me permission to post the maps that I've been doing for him (which is why I haven't posted any maps lately). He and I get together every few days and make changes so it's probably safe to assume that these will be changing in the future. These maps are to serve as a basis for him to start writing and then down the line maybe hire someone to do the maps up properly.

The first map is what I start with, in my usual style. The second map is an antique version of the same map (those mountains took me 4 days to do the lil buggers). The third is the village where the players will start. He also wanted a tutorial on how to make the village so that he could do his own long after I was gone and he could keep the style consistent...you can find that here. It is not finished nor is it close I just put up what I have so far so that folks could maybe use it for the current challenge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drmap.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	15431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drmap2.jpg 
Views:	952 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	15432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sagarke.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	15433  
    Last edited by Ascension; 08-02-2009 at 10:58 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Very nice Ascension! Love both ancient style and your new city style.
    Looks like you have been a busy bee...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think you're definitely on to something with the city tutorial. I know you're still tweaking it, but the one thing that kinda jumps out at me is that the trees/forests appear to 'float'. Just a suggestion here, maybe shorten and darken the shadows for them *shrugs*

The hand drawn-map is very cool, no way I'd have the patience to draw all of those mountains.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12