Thread: My new Hombrew World and it's continents [CC3]

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Wip My new Hombrew World and it's continents [CC3]

This is the world map of my new homebrew D&D campaign. It is as of yet an unnamed world. Though the Continents are (Ring di Waph (Waph), Jhal os Paerolia (Jhal), Muansi Thaczil (Muansi) and Dreklannd). I believe myself almost done with it.

I need to
    • Re-import Dreklannd to the world map because I made some changes to it (Basically requires me copying the files over to my XP Machine because the CC3 has a tendency to crash when I import other map files into it)
    • Label places of importance on the continent maps
    • Label the World Map
    • Add Sea contours to the Oceans on the World Map
    • Play with Style Sheets in CC3 (though I may do nothing to them since it is so symbol heavy)

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World 007 2.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	16507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring di Waph.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	793.6 KB 
ID:	16508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jhal os Paerolia - Final 2.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	915.7 KB 
ID:	16509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muansi Thaczil - Final 2.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	793.0 KB 
ID:	16510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dreklannd - Final 2.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	717.2 KB 
ID:	16511  

I like them Joey! They are a bit small at the moment though, so the details are sometimes hard to see. I like how you made a transition in the forest, from needle to leaves. I would suggest removing the trees where you placed the towns, they seem to be on top of the trees at the moment.
    Oh, and I don't get all your rivers. Some seem to run from mountain to mountaind and not empty into the ocean?

What's the story behind the circle shaped land?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

They are indeed interesting.

The rivers seem a little unrealistic though, but, if this is a true fantasy world bereft entirely of being based on a real world that works fine for me. (My first fantasy world when I was 14 years old ha d a river I consciously made that flowed up a mountain.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I know virtually nothing about rivers so that is the biggest reason for the strangeness of the rivers. Part of my explanation of the rivers though is many of them go into the mountains into underground rivers which leads to the oceans. The other part of the explanation is...It is a fantasy world so if things aren't realistically the, who cares.

Actually the cities are just on top of the tree symbols. I may go and remove the trees, though I doubt it.

The circle land in the middle is Ring di Waph which in Draconic means Ring of Life. Dragons believe that all life started there. It is also the only continent that is not a fractal. It is virtually a perfect and smooth circle because the gods made it that way.