Thread: Which forum would I post a map in?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Post Which forum would I post a map in?

Hey, brand new to the board today, and I have a question. Most of my maps are alternate history-related. (For those who don't know, that's a scifi subgenre that deals in 'what if' - what if the Spanish Armada conquered England, etc.).

So my question is: which forum would it be appropriate to post them in, if any? I see you guys are mainly fantasy-specific here, so I don't even know if they'd be welcome additions or not.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Most of what I've seen on your deviantart page would go initially into the regional/world WIP subforum (work in progress) but the final maps all go into the Finished Maps subforum. There are WIP subforums for various things like towns, dungeons, etc. Don't worry about genre, we have both kinds here...country and western (Nevermind, old Blues Brother's quote) We do sci-fi deck plans for ships, galaxies, alt hist stuff, we're trying to expand the steampunk stuff, and yes we have a plethora of fantasy maps.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

Welcome...
    You have the same avatar as another member by the way (IndustryGothica). Coincidence?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Welcome...
    You have the same avatar as another member by the way (IndustryGothica). Coincidence?
    Uh oh! I better change that. I must be DIFFERENT!!