Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project for my Wife

Map Project for my Wife

This is an odd thing that my wife asked me to do (no not that your gutter-minded folk).

It is a map of the series of meetings that this group went through together. It is kind of a conceptual map and not necessarily a fantasy map, but I thought it might be fun to share (especially since I have been MIA since January). I did the whole thing this morning in Illustrator and finished stuff up this afternoon in Photoshop. I love me some dodge and burn these days. Consider this my re-joining the community. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leadership series map.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	14544  
    Something witty and pithy

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The only thing I noticed was the closed loop on the capital E in the compass has the darker color missing. Good to see ya again and hope you get back to hitting us all in the face with some more awesome stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Really, really cool map!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Sweet giblets and gravy, Ascension! That has to be one of the fastest and most thorough veiwings of a map I have ever seen! Great catch, but that baby has been put to rest!

NK: Thanks much!

That is a huge map, much like the ego of any woman who thinks it will be taken seriously

in all seriousness though it's a pretty interesting way to map out group meetings or something

sorry about my post, but I felt compelled haha

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was gonna say more but I'm trying to cut back on my wordiness The parchment is cool and it's a nice touch to roll out the elegant font for the missus
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting twist on things - and a great way to score husband points
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Love it! It's like a modern take on the map in 'The Pilgrim's Progress' . Got to love the 'Bog of Financial Malfeasance!'. Look there and you'll find most of our members of parliament!

Excellent work!

The linework and color scheme are working well; seems like it was a fun project!

I noticed though that there's some weird/awkward texture blending happening along the left edge of the map, especially at the bottom.

Ironmetal250: there is a whole practice of "graphic recording" that looks at using landscapes and such as alternate means of conveying notes and such for series of meetings and such. There is the idea that people are somewhat familiar with maps and will readily understand the "journey" they took from the first meeting to the last. The final map was 11x17 but I saved it at 300dpi so it could be blown up if someone wanted.

Ascension: Just giving you a hard time for noticing the details so quick. are you an editor or something? The wife was really happy with how it turned out. The meeting where she will be handing it out to her participants is this afternoon. I will let everyone know how well it was received.

Steel General: I was out of town for a week at a training institute and left her with a 13 month old and a nearly 6 year old.... I am waaaay in the negative husband points right now.

Ravells: My favorite is the "Worthy Causeway." Thanks for the kudos.

Armoredgear7: The parchment is a stock texture from another community. I noticed some wonkiness in it but I did not have the time to fix that one or create parchment from scratch. so I had to deal with some of the issues. Oh well. Thanks for looking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast