16 31.37%
  • Jar of Refuge -- Rovingjack

2 3.92%
  • Gryphon's Watch -- Steel General

2 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** June Challenge Voting - A Home Away From Home

I wanted to vote for Jykke but I decided not to because the piece is technically kinda not a map. But I really like it. I wish I had one of those!

I wanted to vote for Steel General but I thought the thing looked unfinished -- and then he said it wasn't finished -- so I have to pass on that one, but I like it and I hope he'll finish it.

I'm going with Gameprinter for overall project togetherness and Immolate for color & style & panache. Both are maps; both are complete; both just have that roar across the finish line.
    Last edited by töff; 07-03-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    I wanted to vote for Steel General but I thought the thing looked unfinished -- and then he said it wasn't finished -- so I have to pass on that one, but I like it and I hope he'll finish it.
    I definitely PLAN on finishing it, just not sure when.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Congrats to Gamerprinter!

Immolate, aww, you were my other vote and you squeeked in at third. Still, I dug your piece.

So, no July challenge? Not that I have time to enter it :\

Shoot, I totally missed this vote
    Would have gone for Gamerprinter and MysticMagellan though. So many good entries it's almost scary...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Praise Thanks guys!

Thanks, guys! Great "last" challenge for me, I can now retire from the Challenges with a final (fourth) win!

Congrats on everyone else, especially to MysticMagellan and Immolate for being so close, Redrobes as well. Congrats to everybody on some excellent entries!

Time for some "new blood" to bring in the awards!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Great "last" challenge for me
    Retire? Eh, muchacho, ¿qué dices? RETIRE!?

Post Don't worry!

Don't worry, I was even thinking if I see a interesting challenge, that I'd place an unofficial entry in the General Mapping WIP Forum, instead of actually being in a Challenge. I could still display what I would do, yet not take away someone else's opportunity to win a challenge.

I certainly didn't win them all, though I participated in over 20 challenges, and only won four times. But I've actually seen some who've opted from entering because I was in a given challenge. Even challenges I didn't win, I often came in second place.

To think if I wasn't in this one, Redrobes would finally get an award.

So for reasons like that, I am retiring from official entries in the Challenge.

I'll still be a prolific map poster on the Guild, so my participation won't lessen, just my participation in challenges will end - that's all.

GP

PS: I want to sponsor more challenges instead!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-05-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Congrats GP. Stormed home again. Great stuff.

A second is a great position for me. I came second once before but that time there was only three entrants... and the person who came third never finished it from having PC problems... oh and GP won that one too...

Perhaps I should retire on a second placing too and feel good enough about it.

So whats in store for July then ? Is it interesting enough to pull me out of retirement heh heh !

Blog Entries

GP posted his entry early-on and it was just having fun from that point on as I knew I couldn't compete with a concept and execution like that without a lot of experience and practice--or maybe ever. He was deserving of the win, and the results bear that out clearly. I am grateful that he is planning to give future competitions a pass, although he is not obliged to do so. It was a generous thing for him to do.

Congratulations GP on a brilliant entry.

Congratulatinos RedRobes on a well-deserved second place.

Good job to everyone else and don't give up! You were all good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast