Thread: Volcanic Island

Post Volcanic Island

There was this little girl, sitting on a beach alone staring at the sea. Staring at the small black spot in the horizon that got smaller and smaller by the minute. That small spot carried her mother, father and her little brother to slavery and death. Though she had hope in her as she knew rescue was on it's way, but little she knew what the earth itself had in store for her when the sun would rise again.

This is a remote volcanic island inhabited by no more than 3200 people living in small villages / towns across the island. The Island is just over 100km long and mountainous with only limited space for settlements. The volcano on this island has been sleeping for centuries, but is now about to swallow the nearby towns.

This was an old job I had started some time ago but newer finished. I used many new techniques with this one enforcing them with old tricks. It was a lot of fun except the smoke that turned out to be hard shell to crack. Well, it was actually fun too, but it took several days and I got at least few gray hair.

-Pasi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Volcanic Island.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	14705  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

I love the smoke, and that compass rose is pretty sweet too.

great job, and my only very minor suggestion (and even then it hardly matters anyways) would be to make the writing a bit more worn.

awesome work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    I love the smoke, and that compass rose is pretty sweet too.

great job, and my only very minor suggestion (and even then it hardly matters anyways) would be to make the writing a bit more worn.

awesome work!
    As requested, tweaked the text to be more worn and made some cracks to the label too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Volcanic Island_2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	14780