Thread: Tlaocazotl

Post Tlaocazotl

I suppose since I've moved on to the next continent in this world that this map of Tlaocazotl can be considered finished for the most part. No city or regional names, just a feature map with some river names that I'm thinking of hiding. I may even come back later and make a heightmap and run it through Wilbur to get some more realistic rivers, but maybe not.

Anyways enjoy lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tlaocazotl Map.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	14549  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you were to go ahead and name things you might just get yourself a shiny badge cuz this looks pretty good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Love the tree point symbols! Great looking map.
    Something witty and pithy

I love the style here. I also really like the font script in the title.

Can only echo what the others said. Good style and looking forward to more.

Well I suppose I lied in my first post but come on... floating cities! Interestingly enough I randomly titled the email I sent the graphics in to myself from my scanning computer as "disintegrator guns."

So what happened here... I explained in my last thread how an extraplanar organism/being known as the Vaettir is the only true master of time magic that has ever existed among the mortals of this world... and it expresses itself in one human being, who is designated by the Vaettir as the sole protector of celestial order on the planet. Well a long long time ago, the Vaettir was in an Oboseid mage's body (Oboseia is in the continent east of Tlaocazotl, across the Sea of Dreams), and the mage went insane and tore holes through time across the southern hemisphere of the world, eventually forcing mages from other civilizations to completely destroy one third of the Oboseid continent. Anyways, Tlantec scientists used some science and some magic to reverse engineer artifacts from the future (lol) brought into being by these time rifts, allowing them to advance past the industrial age straight into drawing power from the sun and static electricity, as well as the essence of magic itself. OH CRAP. So they're super advanced, but they as a civilization have never seen a steam engine or a gasoline engine. Too bad they are pretty much all pacifist and non-militaristic because their organic rock robots (really awesome) do not stand a chance against hueg industrial age armies from the northern continents. Also that dude Amachtli who's mentioned a few times in the map (with that cool looking citadel) is a pretty strong fire/earth mage who just wants to destroy things, so he is also a worthy antagonist to basically everyone on the continent as he regularly summons meteor showers in places.

mkay done with a worldbuilding rant

oh I forgot mappy stuff lol

So the font for the ocean names is not the best, I know... but tell me what you think, I could change it if I needed to.

Also I just realized that the entire 'aged paper' thing is a total anachronism for this continent. Deus ex machina: It fell out of a time rift and someone sketched these locations on it? lol so much for the map's original backstory. The floating cities were originally supposed to be on the Oboseid continent only but then I thought about aztec/olmec styled robots made of rock and the deal was done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tlaocazotl Map.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	14690  
    Last edited by ironmetal250; 07-08-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice additions... I hereby dub the newly repped *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.