Thread: [taken]-[paid]World Map for Video Game

Post [taken]-[paid]World Map for Video Game

Greetings,

I am looking for a world map for a fantasy video game I am making, it needs dungeons, cities, cool areas, names, etc. Must be original and fun, your know evil crypts, dwarven strongholds, etc. If it goes well I may need other maps.

I love this site, but my artistic skills have their limits so I need help to make this a quality job. Also I need the labels to be large and easy to read.

Commission:
    * Paid, I am happy to pay $50 for the map, via PayPal, I am an indie developer

Time Constraints

* 2 Weeks

Style

* In the style of the one from Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map (Thanks to RobA for the excellent Tutorial)

Description of Map

* I attached what I have done so far, I am programmer not an artist, feel free to do something different

Quality & Size

* Professional or semi professional
    * Dimensions of map: 1280x720 pixels
    * I would like it in gimp with layers so I can turn off cities and dungeons, names, etc.

Copyright -

* I will have copyright of the map

Thanks for considering this job!

Zenfar (Glen)
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	14552  
    Last edited by Zenfar; 06-30-2009 at 01:55 PM.

What's the scale? This will be a huge factor in determining how dense item placement should be. Also, it appears that you are looking to give the artist freedom to create locations with no input from you other than the basic map shape, is that correct?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post [Paid] World Map for Video Game

Scale is about 2 miles per pixel, but that is flexible. I want about 3-5 dungeons, one major city, 2-4 towns, 4-5 cool places to explore.

I want to give the artist complete freedom, they don't even have to follow the basic shape. I am an indie developer because of the freedom and I think that is what makes the whole process fun.

Hi Zenfar,

If you're that flexible about what the map should look like, it might even be worth finding one that fits your needs that's already been drawn and sending a pm to the author as to using it.

Post Good Idea

Good idea. But if anybody is still interested let me know, also I wouldn't mind having a few dungeon or town maps if anybody is interested in doing those.
    Last edited by Zenfar; 07-02-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Are you still looking for takers Zenfar?
    Not that I am going to do the map... but if you are still looking, I just bumped your thread. And if you aren't looking it would be nice to know.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Oh heck, I forgot to update this. He's using my Charedon map. Fixed.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps