Thread: [unpaid]Collaborative effort Fantasy Town Request!

Post [unpaid]Collaborative effort Fantasy Town Request!

I have browsed CG for a couple months, but I think this is possbily my first post, so I apologize in advance for that.

This request is for people who would like to help out with a collaborative fantasy town resource/setting(wiki) I posted up a couple weeks ago, called Towndale. The idea seed was planted on the Steve Jackson Games forums, and since a didn't see another resource on the web (and I had the available wikidot site just sitting there), I figured I would post it up and see if it generated any response. Typically we have been posting write ups in the forums, then once they have been finalized they are posted into the wiki, but this is a relatively new experiment, so things are still being ironed out.

Of course once we started working on it, I thought that a town/region layout map would be nice, then I remembered that my mapping skills suck.

So here I am, to mention that if anyone would like to contribute (both in mapping, and in "town building"), please take a look, and feel free to register. The concept is basically a fantasy town that adventurers go back to rest, resupply, and pick up new story hooks in your typical (D&D, Savage Worlds, GURPS DF) "dungeon clearing" campaign. Towndale is meant to be replaced with whatever town name would fit into your world, and the setting would be "System agnostic", with conversions existing in the forums area.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like the idea, will certainly check it out but I might not contribute much as my plate is rather full at the moment.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Sounds interesting...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.