Hi! I've been debating back and forth about whether I should go ahead and request something, and I finally caved. I'm looking for a city map (oh, dread ) of the city that will be the "home base" for my D&D campaign. Nothing that I've browsed has really fit what I am looking for, and I'm kind of fail as an artist.

*Commission: I can't afford a lot, but I am willing to pay something. We can discuss it in PMs.

*Time Constraints: Obviously, the sooner the better (everyone wants theirs soon, right?). But since this is a long campaign, and they'll continually be returning to this city, I'm not terribly fussed about it. So I guess that's a fancy way of saying "none".

Style
I like the way Gandwarf's city maps done with City Designer look. I also like the look of maps appearing in D&D publications. (example 1, example 2).

Description of Map
The city is large, about 40000 inhabitants. It's divided into about 10 neighborhoods, each with 8-10 subdivisions. (I can PM a more detailed list to you.) The city is on the coast, with about half of it in the highlands and half on the coastal plains. A wall surrounds the lower half of the city but not the upper half. There is an island just off the coast that is part of the city; it contains 1 neighborhood/6 subdivisions.

The location of the city is shown here - it's called Jartor, except imagine the star is moved closer to the coast than to the river. Also, I made the icon stupid huge, so it's not actually anywhere near the river.

Here's the thing - I really don't need the individual placement of each and every building. I mean, if that's your thing, then that's fine, but really, I'd be happy with just streets, or even just major streets.

Quality & Size
Ummmm... anything better than my chicken scratches? Heh. I'll be printing it, but it doesn't need to be super high DPI. It only has to fit on a regular sheet of 8.5 x 11, and doesn't even need to fill the page (minimum half the page though, so that's, what, 6x4.75?) And raster's totally cool.

Copyright - It's yours, so long as I'm free to print it out and post it on a website that my gamers mostly ignore anyways and isn't indexed by Google. :p

I know that cities are a pain in the butt, so I'm happy to be super flexible. Thanks so much in advance!