Thread: Need help duplicating a colour scheme

Post Need help duplicating a colour scheme

First, let me apologise if i'm posting this in the wrong place, i'm still a little new to this forum.

While i was surfing the web i came across the attached map and thought "hey, that colour scheme is great for what i have in mind". I've tried fooling around in photoshop to try and get the same colours but not what you would call a photoshop expert. So i'm asking if anyone know how to do this colour scheme and how to replicate the terrain (especially the forests) so that i might be able to use it for my maps. If no one knows how to do the mountains than no biggy for i use the method for mountain creation in Ascensions tutorial anyway. Great tutorial by the way.

NOTE: The attached picture is not of my creation and i in no way take credit for it and it was taken from the following link http://lonewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Magnamund , i hope i haven't broken any rules in posting it here.

Thnx in advance for any help.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnamund.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	14602  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

There's two things that you can do...create a color swatch from the image or use the eye dropper tool to pick only the colors that you want. You could then either write down the hex codes for those colors or paint each color as a big ole dot somewhere on the image (on a new layer) with a big 100-pixel pencil tip.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Oh one more thing, as for duplicating how the forests (and other things) look...I can't really see them that well...need a larger version, but I can tell that there are trees there.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps