Thread: June Mapping Challenge question

Guild Novice

Post June Mapping Challenge question

I have a question about this mapping challenge. Are we trying to go with a map of the entire town, or is a section of town acceptable? I think it'll work better for me if I can take like a section of town and build my map accordingly.

Is that within the guidelines or should we stay "zoomed out" on the entire town/city? I may be reading too much into it, but I'm wondering if "high-altude" views and street-map scale entries are all acceptable.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes...you can zoom in or out as necessary and map whatever part of yoru hometown you want. I have the same problem with my hometown...there's no way I could map the whole thing in a month. Keep in mind the contest is designed to be able to be accomplished by an average mapper in a few hours of work.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Okay, another question for us dummies: How do I save a copy of a map from Google maps, so as to import it into Photoshop...or should I get one from somewhere else...? Kinda lost at how to do it, for it appears my normal technique has been blocked by Google.

Little help, anyone?

Thanks!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

not sure about photoshop, but psp has a function where if you press Shift + c while in psp, you can then do a screen capture from another window which automatically presents itself in psp. I'm sure ps has this function too, but I don't know what it is. if push comes to shove, I guess you could always do a print screen and then import that.

ravs

Quote Originally Posted by ravells
    not sure about photoshop, but psp has a function where if you press Shift + c while in psp, you can then do a screen capture from another window which automatically presents itself in psp. I'm sure ps has this function too, but I don't know what it is. if push comes to shove, I guess you could always do a print screen and then import that.

ravs
    I tried the handy-dandy alt-prtscrn trick, & it didn't work. Don't know why, but clipboard ended up empty.

I couldn't find the other function in PS, either. That would be cool, though!

Thanks for trying. Any other ideas?
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thats odd, I've never had a problem screen grabbing from google maps. Google earth may be different, but google maps never caused a problem.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin