Thread: Two Mapping Projects

Post Two Mapping Projects

I'm wondering if anyone around here might have an interest in creating a map or maps for my D&D campaign world. There are two sites I've been meaning to develop but with my poor spacio-mechanical skills haven't had the time and I'm not sure how well I could pull them off.

One is just a simple wooden stockade fort. I was even just thinking of using the Steading of the Hill Giant Chief’s upper level for it, although I have in mind something more along the lines of a large American frontier fort.

I’d also like to have a small, fortified port city that has a relatively small entrance to the harbor with a stone tower or stone rock outcropping towering over each side of the opening. If they’re rock they’d have stairways, rooms and windows carved in them to allow people to fire down at any ships that come near the opening to the harbor. A massive chain would run just under the surface to stop any unwanted ships from entering, but could be retracted to allow friendly vessels to enter (or leave). So in the rock on either side would have to be room for the chain to retract and for mechanisms to retract and extend the chain. (I’m not even sure if that’s physically possible, but it seems like a cool idea.) I was also thinking that there’s a “dungeon” under the ground level, for storage, access to the chain and mechanism, with a secret underwater entrance which characters might use to access the one or the other of the towers by swimming or using an Apparatus of Kwalish.

I know there's a separate forum for designing cities and I might post there, but the harbor entrance might qualify as a structure or structures so I thought I'd try posting here too. I hope that's ok.

In my current campaign the pirate kingdom has seized the fortified port and one inland fort from the half-elven kingdom, and the king might send the party (which has reached 23rd-25th levels) to try to free one or both. I can’t really have them do either though until I have the physical locations designed. So I don’t know if anybody here might help with that or not, but it would be great if they did.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You should probably post in Mapmaking Requests instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    You should probably post in Mapmaking Requests instead.
    I think I posted under cities and someone moved the thread to Mapmaking requests, so the request for the fortified port is there now. I might add the request for the stockade as well. Thanks!