Thread: New Zi (Work in progress)

Help New Zi (Work in progress)

Hello! I'm new here, and as my first post, I'd like to show off my current project. I'm new to cartography, but I find it all very interesting, and the intimacy of creating your own personal world really gets me into it, plus I need a hobby lol. I'm currently working on a world map for a RPG site I'm involved in, and I've switched up my styles after hitting a wall trying to make it in Bryce 5.5 (a 3D modeling program) and decided to make it in Paint.Net. This is what I've gotten done today, and I would really appreciate some guidance, criticism and encouragement. Thank you!

P.S.

It's actually only the first continent on the planet, the closest to the pole, but I'm not sure how to do the permasnow and glaciers... Or the plains. As I said earlier, please help push me in the right direction as I'm new at this, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Zi Map Continent 1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	665.0 KB 
ID:	14613  

Hey, uhmm... I don't know if double posts are allowed here or not, so I'm really sorry if they aren't, but I just wanted to say that here's the latest version of this continent. I couldn't figure out a good way to do permasnow or glaciers, so I just sort of... used some rocky ice cliffs, so if anyone could help me out with the glaciers and snow or anything else, it would be greatly appreciated !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Zi Map Continent 1 Test.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	705.8 KB 
ID:	14615  

Welcome to the Guild.

Don't know much about Paint, but so far the map is interesting. Sort of a Far Northern Area, with a large section of Glaciation.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Well nice start, but if i may, id like to suggest that you work out the scale of the continnent becouse curently it looks like an island, try scallinging up the map & use more of the icons or try some hills too around the base of mountains.

Also try putting a scale &/or using a proyection that gives a sense of the size of the world, and i personally like detail and IMHO i think it will make it even better.