Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June/July 2009 Lite Challenge Entry: Wellington Dig

Immolate,

glad to hear you liked my suggestions, and to be honest, this is a fabulous bit of work, looking very real; I'd see this as something in an adventure computer game or as a movie prop. The labels on the photos are really the icing on the cake.

Blog Entries

Where's the aerial photograph from? Did you generate it from the landform on the map, or is it an actual photo from which you derived the ancient village?
    I went buzzing southern England at tree-top level with Google earth, looking for crop marks that were suggestive of something beneath the ground. The picture you see was taken directly from Google Earth. If you have that application on your computer, you can put the coordinates from my submission into it and you'll see the place and can look around.

If you don't have Google Earth, I highly recommend it. It will give you a new perspective on a lot of things, especially zooming in and out over certain terrain types and seeing how things like mountains and rivers actually look in the scale that your'e doing a map in.

Blog Entries

I made a few last adjustments since Friday is the final day. I added a clip to the tannery photo and abused all the pictures a bit.

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wellington Dig2.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	14720
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-29-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12