Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serôs - the lands beneath the Sea of Fallen Stars

Map Serôs - the lands beneath the Sea of Fallen Stars

This here is a illustration map for a collection of scenarios situated in the seldom explored lands of Serôs better known to most Forgotten Realms afficinados as Sea of Fallen Stars. It is mostly based on the 1999 TSR sourcebook of the region (TSR11393).

Some minor changes have been made to suit the needs of the campaign (Trench of Lopok has been moved a bit for example). There is a version with textual geographical data, political data and an environmental version of the map but I think posting those here would be a bit redundant.

This underwater map was a fun little project that took some thinking to get right (or at least to make it satisfying for me). Any comments and technical advice are more than welcome.

I'm a new poster by the way and boy am I glad to find this forums. It's just the right stuff for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seros.png 
Views:	792 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	14677  

Blog Entries

Nice - like it. Welcome too.

Welcome! That is a very nifty little map you've got there.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard and nicely done!

I enjoyed the series of books that took place in this area as well, the one with Sekolah and the paladin of Lathander
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Great looking map! It has good details, and is easy on the eye.

Thanks everyone. You make me feel welcome. Perhaps I'll summon up the needed courage to post some of my other recent bits. After I've fiddled around with them just a bit

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    The map.... very organic looking. Nice style. What software did you use?

-Rob A>
    For this thing and indeed for almost everything I do I used Photoshop and my trusty Intuos III table. I like to do everything the hard (or stupid) way, namely by hand-drawing and -painting. I do use the occasional layer effect and some textures I have not photographed or drawn myself but most of the stuff is done by hand. It's not very efficient way of working but as this is a hobby I dont have deadlines.

[edit] Occasionally I use ArtRage2 for small illustration portraits to get that oil on canvas feeling which is not as easy to achieve with PS but even that needs heavy post processing on PS. Currently I'm working on a 17th century-vibe cityscape which is largely based on ArtRage groundwork but thats the first one for me with significant amount of AR-work. I'll post something on that project as soon as there is something tangible enough to present.
    Last edited by lobster; 07-08-2009 at 04:52 AM.

So. A long break from drawing. But now my problems with my rig are past and done with.

My main project is still WiP but in the meantime I'll post some updates to this one: depth and current-map and one with data pertinent to my campaign.

Oh well. Some progress is better than no progress at all. Heres to hoping I'll get my main project done soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallenstars_depth_current.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	19791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallenstars_all_names.png 
Views:	1034 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	19792  

The map looks great, but if you're still working on it you might want to put it in the WIP forums instead of the Finished Maps section.

-IG

These aren't new maps as such. Just stuff I did not post first time round. I'll try not to make a habit of posting into finished projects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast