Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gryphon's Watch - continued and finally finished

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wip Gryphon's Watch - continued and finally finished

OK, since I didn't have time to finish this for the June Challenge I figured I'd move it over here and hopefully get motivated to finish it.

I think one of the hardest things to do on a building/structure map is/are the furnishings.

So here's the latest, made some progress (but not much), on the ground, 1st & 2nd floors I redid the spiral stairway. While I like it better than what I had I'm still not completely happy with it.

The ground floor is pretty much complete except for the armory. I did have the guard barracks there but felt it would better server as an armory.

So as always fell free to leave any C&C you like.

P.S. If any one comes across a good image of a sword with a gryphon/eagle pommel please post it in this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gryphons Watch v6-1.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	14686  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

*rallying cheer from somewhere up in the nosebleed seats*

I'm looking forward to seeing this completed and I'll going to keep one eye on this thread to see your progress. A small comment - the top level floor texture looks slightly darker and more densely packed than the lower levels. Is that intentional?

Regarding the gryphon sword request. I might be able to draw you up one if I have time.
    Last edited by MysticMagellan; 07-08-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMagellan View Post
    A small comment - the top level floor texture looks slightly darker and more densely packed than the lower levels. Is that intentional?
    Yup, I wanted to 'dirty it up' a bit, without going overboard. I may change it back to match the rest - we'll see.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMagellan View Post
    Regarding the gryphon sword request. I might be able to draw you up one if I have time.
    Completely missed this part of your post, the first time.

If you have time to draw one up, that would be wonderful. I actually need the entire hilt (and maybe even a small part of the blade), but would be perfectly happy with just the pommel.

Sweet little keep, I hope you pursue it!

Wip Small update

Having a tough time getting motivated to work on this, but I'm determined to see it finished...

So small update today - finished the ground floor and am probably about 60% done with the 1st floor.

Anywho...feel free to leave any C&C.

Name:	Gryphons Watch v7-1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	14809  

The first thing that struck me when looking at the map was that the griffin in the center of most floors is too dominant to get by as an engraving/inlay/painting on the floor.

Maybe something along these lines would be an idea:
    (I know it's not perfect but I guess you get what I mean)

Name:	general_griffin.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	14870  

@Tear - Yeah, I'm been thinking about doing something with those, just haven't quite got around to it yet. Hard enough to do all the furnishings, so I'll get back to those after I finish the rest of it.

Thanks for your comments.

It's quite a lot of work to furnishall the whole map. And to make it look like the rooms are actually used for certain purpose. I hope you'll have the patience to finish this one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast