Thread: Jartor - Commission request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Jartor - Commission request

This is a city map requested by Duerma here. I really like the thought and history that Duerma has put in the city (cool names too) and the demands are pretty flexible on what Duerma wants.

I'm going to try to use the Lazy man's city style I did here to try and make it reasonably quickly. I just have to remember how I did the lazy man's city now, lol!

I'll post WIPs as I go along. The first stage is to get the roads, buildings and negative space sorted. The city is broken up into neighbourhoods, I'm going to try and map it neighbourhood by neighbourhood, trying to give each it's own character, but quickly.

Anyway here's the first half hour's work. I'll probably texture the backgrounds like the roads, greenery and mountains towards the end. The first image is Duerma's sketch (there is an errata in that the landmass is supposed to extend to the right off where it currently is. The second are the buildings of the Tanner's quarter largely complete. It's a lower class area so the buildings are small and hovel-like. There are other lower class areas and I'm wondering how to differentiate them from this one...colour I guess. Suggestions and C&Cs welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jartor.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	257.4 KB 
ID:	14706   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jartor 090709 copy.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	14707