Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my new project

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't see anything wrong here except for those really dark things along the bottom. Everything else seems to blend nicely to me, shrug.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

you spelled the forest of echoes "farest"... might want to change that.

looks good so far

Wip alittle more

ok i fixed the blocky lines in water, lightened the jungles in the south, darkened the ocean to blend better with rivers, added a few names and some other stuff.

any suggestions on desert texters and what scale does it look like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continent x6 north west copy.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	14896  

Wip update

current update

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continent x7 north west.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	33236

just an update
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continent x8.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	45395

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

This really reminds me of Steerpike's Cadaverous Earth, over at the Campaign Builder's Guild, from what I can gather from this map. Very cool in that "dark" kind of way.

As for your rivers, and where they meet the coasts, it looks to me like the issue is that you can see a "river" come up to the edge and stop, as it overlaps a coast line. It might help to erase the coast line right at the rivers, and make sure the color on those rivers don't go out into the ocean awkwardly.

Consider the possibility of having the coastline brush also border your rivers. Doing that would incorporate the rivers into the look of the rest of the map, if it doesn't end up looking terrible. I'd say play with that, and if it's bad, just don't save the changes.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Also, 2 more things.

1)The subtitle for Helglaive says City of Sarrow. Do you mean "Sorrow?"
    2)The forest on that peninsula to the southwest of Shinow has an unnatural straight edge on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    Also, 2 more things.

1)The subtitle for Helglaive says City of Sarrow. Do you mean "Sorrow?"
    2)The forest on that peninsula to the southwest of Shinow has an unnatural straight edge on the bottom.
    thanks ive actually decided to start from scratch

Attachment 45403
    Last edited by spiderfate; 06-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    This really reminds me of Steerpike's Cadaverous Earth, over at the Campaign Builder's Guild, from what I can gather from this map. Very cool in that "dark" kind of way.

As for your rivers, and where they meet the coasts, it looks to me like the issue is that you can see a "river" come up to the edge and stop, as it overlaps a coast line. It might help to erase the coast line right at the rivers, and make sure the color on those rivers don't go out into the ocean awkwardly.

Consider the possibility of having the coastline brush also border your rivers. Doing that would incorporate the rivers into the look of the rest of the map, if it doesn't end up looking terrible. I'd say play with that, and if it's bad, just don't save the changes.
    i just glance through that link you post, dont have the time to delve in to deep right now but totally awesome. just my taste of scj fi fantasy. thanks

Attachment 46230

many of the problems i had couldnt be fixed so i started from scratch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast