Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert river

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Desert river

..Just something I had to do after browsing some tiled maps on the forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	west2.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	14735  

That's a kickass map! The cliffs and canyons are brilliant. Have some rep.

The only thing that's bothering me is that the canyon is a square... it looks a bit unnatural.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Yeah, I know that the square like form isn't the most realistic one for a canyon.. It just kind of evolved into that when I was training terrain creation and texture distribution mapping. Wasn't really planning to post it anywhere until the final render. But I'll definately take that into consideration when I do another map similar to this. Thanks for the comment ..and rep!

Blog Entries

Its very cool and looks like some terrain from L3DT. Theres some odd bits in it tho. Theres an odd S shape top middle and some very peculiar and similar little dark sqiggles like mini lakes except that they look a bit like birds. I cant figure that bit out. The cliffs and river look great tho which is the point of the map. Nice stuff.

Edit - they're not cactii are they ? They kinda could be but the scale of those cliffs would mean they were about 20-30 ft high. Oh well, sorry but I cant quite see what they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Its very cool and looks like some terrain from L3DT. Theres some odd bits in it tho. Theres an odd S shape top middle and some very peculiar and similar little dark sqiggles like mini lakes except that they
    I think the S shape is a trail leading over some rocky ground and bridging a height difference. If it isn't, then I am at a loss too

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Edit - they're not cactii are they ? They kinda could be but the scale of those cliffs would mean they were about 20-30 ft high. Oh well, sorry but I cant quite see what they are...
    I think they are cactii.
    And well, if they aren't... I am at a loss again.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Really nice...what software did you use? There are many great looking texture there and now waiting for the next non-square version.

Edit: cannot rep you now, but have to spread some around first.

they are cactie.. and the S-shape was supposed to be a road ..BUT, it seems like I have some editing to do to fix issues that have been brought up so far.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff so far...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ok, so the next version is in the oven.. I have just to let it cook for a while and then I'll share it with you. without cactie, or s-shaped roads.. or squares.

messed up with the water in the river.. don't know if I can fix it :S And pasis, I used vue and (little) photoshop on that image. edit: forgot to mention that the height map was done with geocontrol 2
    Last edited by Jykke; 07-10-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast