Thread: What do people think of Other World Mapper? Will it be any good?

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

Question What do people think of Other World Mapper? Will it be any good?

There is a Kickstarter going on at the moment, for a program called Other World Mapper.

It looks quite interesting and Anna Meyer* seems to like Other World Mapper. But I would like to hear the opinions of other people.

* = If you do not know her, she did the 3D map of The Flanaess that got nominated for an ENnie Award and is currently creating the map of The Southlands for Kobold Press.

How do the features proposed for this software compare to other similar programs that are out there?

Are there any features that are missing, from the list of things the Other World Mapper team have given, that would cause problems for anyone trying to make maps?

EDIT: I've gone in at the $1 USD level, so I can ask them questions, but I'm not sure of everything that I should be asking them.

EDIT2: I just found another thread for Other World Mapper. I don't know if the moderators want to merge this in or lock it, but I'll go read that thread and look for answers.
    Last edited by Big Mac; 10-24-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting