Thread: Bryce 5.5 available for free download

Post Bryce 5.5 available for free download

I haven't added anything prior to this to the forums, but I figured this may be a good start.

I was over at ENWorld and this link was posted... http://www.download.com/DAZ%20Produc...4-6286136.html DAZ is offering Bryce 5.5 for free to anyone that wants it. It is a big download (about 120 MB).

Sorry if anyone considers this spam, I just know that Bryce is a great app and used by some to enhance their maps and may be found useful by others. Moderators, if this is inappropriate, please delete.

R. Scott Roberts aka DMFubar

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is the perfect thread to also mention that Vue6 personal learning edition is available for free download as well...you should really check this software out.

http://www.vue6.com/ple
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That wasn't spam in the least: mainly because you didn't profit from it, but also because that;s the sort of thing we at the Guild would looove to know about!

Great find.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Nice! I'm currently waiting for the email to arrive with the directions to download it. I like that it is fully functional and can be saved. Very nice!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

This posts is*very*informative.*Thank you!
    Last edited by Hydeyulse; 11-11-2014 at 02:57 PM.

I think that*this information is*the best.
    Last edited by Hydeyulse; 11-11-2014 at 02:57 PM.

I use both Vue and Bryce. Of the two I prefer Vue for its rendering power, ease of use and realism. Vue does require some computer horsepower and does have a bit of a learning curve. This weekend I will try to get some map-like renders from both programs so those not familiar with these programs can see their capabilities and limitations. They are not intended to be used for mapping but it should be very useful for aerial or satellite photos.

Bryce does a fantastic job of rendering terrain for a free program. I don't thing it handles water quite as well as Vue but, for mapping it should be fine.

I do not have the full version of Vue, I have the pioneer version which is much less expensive. Vue is modular so you can add what you want later.

Both programs have an active community offering free models and textures.

Guild Artisan

Hmmm ...
    This post is 7 years old and none of the links works. Obviously.