Thread: Hello to all!

Post Hello to all!

Hello I am new here. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I found this site by accident while looking for a "geo control" tutorial and since I'm a mapper and I love what I do I figured I might as well join yet another community dedicated to the art I love so much. I hope my stay here will be a good and long one. Most other communities I have joined were game specific so it's nice to have a change of pace and belong to something that is just devoted to the art.

Thanks for having me!

Blog Entries

It's funny how many of the folks here are gamers, yet the site has refused to morph into a gaming site. Some of the best and most respected mappers on the forum are not gamers.

It is great to have another industry pro in the guild and I look forward to seeing some of your work and hopefully drawing inspiration from it.

Welcome PL!

Thanks for the kind words mate! After looking around a lot I have noticed that this is indeed all about maps rather than specifics of one industry or even art from (although it seems to lean mostly to printed picture maps). And I honestly wish I found this place sooner! My work with mapping in games is usually based from real life structures and concept art work and I have always struggled with free form design of layouts, but this place is full of creativity in that exact aspect! Hopefully I can draw from such inspiration in the future.

For now I have been focusing on terrain generation and am using geo control exclusively to do so. I have yet to find a program half as good! I should have something nice to show from my work with it soon.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

You import stuff into the Cry Engine ? That would be interesting to see. That thing can really make some fine visuals.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave