Thread: WIP: Elduum & the Turathian Peninsula

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP: Elduum & the Turathian Peninsula

Sooooo I thought I'd give mapmaking a whirl when my father in law surprised us with a visit and took the kiddos off my hands. I chose the antique style that Ascension details in this tutorial, because the idea is that the players are looking at a map that is 400ish years old and while it does have useful information on it, they need to take care not to trust it too much because stuff has changed.

So, here we go. It's a little bit better than this one, right? Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elduum2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	14819  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking pretty good so far. No river infractions (the bane of all new cartographers )

I think I would define the political borders a bit more, maybe put a slightly-darker inner glow. *shrugs*

A larger higher rez version would be nice too, the labels are a bit difficult to read.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yeah, I agree with SG that the political boundaries could use some kind of edge.

I also like the water and the lines outlining the shores, there's something different about them that I kinda' like. The shore itself might benefit from having a bolder line to differentiate it from the other lines. Also maybe do away with a couple of the furthest out lines to make more room for the "Sea Labels".

Not sure if there is a term for those "outlines", but hopefully I described what I was referring to well enough.

Overall nice work though. Keep it up.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio