Thread: [WIP]: The Nemeterian Continent

Guild Applicant

Wip [WIP]: The Nemeterian Continent

I had these maps a while back sketched on my campaign workbook. Now i'm trying different styles that the cartographers here are teaching. For this first one I used the tehniques taught by Jezelf here: http://www.jezelf.co.uk/tutorials.htm

I still have to add more features but i'll do this after i try some more styles.

UPDATE: I sketched up the same map using the atlas style tutorial. Thanks for the quick feedback of the old style one, i'll try the hand-drawn mountains tutorial. I like these 2 styles(old jezelf and atlas), i'll work with them until i get the hang of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nemeterold wall.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	975.2 KB 
ID:	14847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NemeterAtlas copy.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	823.4 KB 
ID:	14854  
    Last edited by Horzamonk; 07-15-2009 at 06:31 AM.

That is a nice start. Love the subdued nature of it.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I agree with NK. it's a nice start.

My one suggestion would be to come up with a couple of different mountain symbols then mix 'em up and vary the size like you have already.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like em both, the atlas rivers look great. The antique one...I'm with the others.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Applicant

Ok, i'm kinda finished with the atlas style one for now. I'm going to check my older maps for the different cities/lairs that should make both human and demihuman happy.

On the rivers topic, i've found that you can go past the River Police checkpoint if you know where your mountains are going to be first and also you have some kind of idea of how your height map is going to look.

For example I already knew that where the main river really widens up and finally forms a delta, there is soft, fertile ground.

Also for Jezelf's tutorial i didn't quite use his method for creating the rivers (which is great if you don't know where you have the mountains or you don't have a sketch). I just edited the B&W map with inkscape and then loaded it in Photoshop.

Next i'm going to make the old map look better with some real mountains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NemeterCountry.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	14869