Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings

Nice! Thanks for sharing a peek

MMm, very nice indeed Have some rep!

Very nice maps! Was curious about the colored buildings and the lack of a key for that, but I assume that is part of the overall product. Good luck with the sale, and welcome aboard!
    "Wherever you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

Blog Entries

Excellent work! Welcome to the guild.

Guild Novice

Thanks a lot, folks. It was about 5 years in the making, working on and off.

The Good Doctor: The key is part of the overall product, yes, but clues can be picked up by the nav boxes. The first picture shows the navigation interface bar below the map, in those little boxes with icons. If you click those, you show only 'all criminal buildings' (the dagger) or 'all inns' (the bed), etc.

Gandwarf: You can get an idea of the overall size from the little nav boxes, too. On the far right of pic 1, there's a 'blob' between two arrows. That's the whole city. The little yellow bit is the district presently being displayed. The yellow part changes as you move around, to let you know where you are in the grand scheme of things. I know it's probably not what you wanted, but it's the best I can do for now. I doubt I'll ever try to design a city as large and as complicated as that one, again!

Thanks for the great welcome!

Well, that actually gives me a good idea about the size of the city, thanks.

So are you considering using CC3/CD3 sometime in the future or are you sticking with CC2?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice

With money the way it is presently, I'm forced to stick with CC2.

CC2 does everything I need it to, it makes maps that I find attractive and usable. I've never been a big fan of the highly stylized maps that have appeared in stuff like 3E+, but that's just my own preference. While they are gorgeous, and the artists that produce them are exceptionally talented, I think that the trend has placed style over substance. They're maps that are better-off mounted, framed and placed on a wall. As a DM, I find the style is a distraction when I'm trying to figure out exactly where my players are on it.

So, the benefits that CC3 offers over CC2 isn't a huge draw for me. Even if money weren't tight, I'd probably stick with CC2, just to be a rebel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12