Thread: Wendal

Guild Novice Facebook Connected DethinBlack's Avatar

Map Wendal

I originally posted this on the new members forum, and got a few suggestions. As it wasn't finished anyway, I made some major modifications. The original was mostly covered with forest where there wasn't buildings... Kind of a compulsion to just fill it in...
    This is done in the ZombieNirvana style, using the techniques he showed in his video tutorials. I hope to get a great deal more use out of them in the future as well. I decided to go with full written titles instead of numbers and a legend. I figure that I know what I'm going to want on this map, and if someone else wants to use it, then they have the ability to, without much problem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wendel-Second-Gen.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	14914  
    Last edited by DethinBlack; 07-17-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach map... :P

Looks good. The texture from all the linework in the trees & fields is really nice from a distance. It almost seems like a shame that the building roofs and surrounding walls are solid black - maybe there's an opportunity for more detail.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected DethinBlack's Avatar

I can see what you mean, and its a definate consideration in later maps. As far as it is, I will never be completly happy with my maps. Not saying I dont like them, but I just have to finish, at some point, and stop screwing with it. I might still do that to this map... But im not sure. we shall see! Thanks for the support though

Blog Entries

This is a great map and very usable in a variety of game situations. Well done - it will make it to the thumbnails in due course but it will take a while.