Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie thread

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Sorry, Harry Who? Is he some sort of guy who makes pottery?
    Yes. A Hairy Potter.

Blog Entries

Lots of reviews have been slating it badly. I havent seen this one yet. So far I have kinda enjoyed the films to some degree but they are all none too special. They are visually very good but lack depth and story of the books. I really liked all the books tho. If you judge the whole thing on the films then you will have a completely different view of it.

I think they compromised the ending just to make the 7th movie into two parts. They thought about the money (revenue?) that they will earn instead of making it as close to the original story in the book, and thus earning satisfactory ratings from fans and audience alike, but they didn't. Anyway its a large franchise, they will recover with the 7th and final installment.
    Finis Coronat Opus

I'll see it soon but I have to say I think the series ended badly and left me very unsatisfied. The books go from an exciting struggle between good and evil to a duel between school bullies (ho hum).

Imaginative books. I enjoyed the first 3 but the series as a whole disappointed.

my .02

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkienreader View Post
    I think they compromised the ending just to make the 7th movie into two parts. They thought about the money (revenue?) that they will earn instead of making it as close to the original story in the book, and thus earning satisfactory ratings from fans and audience alike, but they didn't. Anyway its a large franchise, they will recover with the 7th and final installment.
    Can't help it, thinking the same thing...
    I read an interview from september 2008 in which the creators announced there would be no end fight at Hogwarts in part 6, because in part 7 there would also be an end fight and they didn't want any repetition. That's a rather lame reason...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Can't help it, thinking the same thing...
    I read an interview from september 2008 in which the creators announced there would be no end fight at Hogwarts in part 6, because in part 7 there would also be an end fight and they didn't want any repetition. That's a rather lame reason...
    But... the whole series is about repetition. Harry discovers some evil plot, for some reason he is the one who has to fight it and not his friends or teachers, and there's a big fight at the end. The only differences are the participants.

OK, that's a little oversimplified, but come on. This is like the Transformers guys saying "Nah, we don't want to have any more cars turning into robots, because that would be too repetitious."

Quote Originally Posted by Duerma View Post
    OK, that's a little oversimplified, but come on. This is like the Transformers guys saying "Nah, we don't want to have any more cars turning into robots, because that would be too repetitious."
    Haha. Yeah, lame reason.
    Ah well, hope they don't mess up the next two movies
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Duerma View Post
    You did notice that in this summer's Transformers there were whole groups of robots that didn't transform into anything, right? The best part of the Transformers movie was the Egypt-Jordan checkpoint manned by a midget (I know that there are whole groups who want to ignore the existence of a place-that-must-not-be-acknowledged-as-a-country, but seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    You did notice that in this summer's Transformers there were whole groups of robots that didn't transform into anything, right? The best part of the Transformers movie was the Egypt-Jordan checkpoint manned by a midget (I know that there are whole groups who want to ignore the existence of a place-that-must-not-be-acknowledged-as-a-country, but seriously).
    Transformers 2 was a blast... unlike Harry Potter.
    The difference was I had low expectations for the first and high for the second...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12