Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: My world - The Everlandias

Its over, this map is done. How many hours it took, I can't say so I will settle with ALOT. And now, only two more, larger continents to go

Look for it in the finished map section. Now, i move onto the next nightmare, Khazardia, Everlandias Nortre.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Thanks . The smaller regional maps are straight forward and easy to do but should I post them here or just put them straight into the finished maps section?

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I love it and I sure hope this one ends up in the Cartographer's Choice area!

That's a very nice map! It turned out beautifully.
    Hannibal ante porcos!

Maps
    Eohl Galactic Chart The Shuayie Peninsula

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, I agree. Very, very nice.

I decided that I'm not going to do smaller regional maps. This style is good for large multi-country maps but when you break it out into regions it looks a little... off. I will go back and redo it someday but not until after I've gotten the hang of pasis's style. But until then I'm moving on.

I've started to draw up the plans for Khazardia but first I wanted to experiment with the new climate types that would be present. Adallia for the most part was tropical because it sat in the wet zone on the equator. Khazardia however has four climate types (i simplified earth's climate type into four distinct ones). These types are...

Tropical - For the areas close the equator.
    Arid/Dry - For the inland areas on the tropic lines. This includes deserts.
    Tundra/Wastes - The extreme north, doesn't always have to have snow for the waste only areas.
    Temperant (Is that the right word?) - Everywhere else.

Loratolia is going to be the same, just exchange north for south. Temperant regions are going to the same as the Tropical style, just that the forests will be darker, grasses will be greener and marshes will be darker and less abundant. I'm still fiddling with Tundra/Wastes but I have done the Arid/Dry style below. I've included the main features I will use i.e. mountains, grasses/savanahs, marshes, forests and desert/arid wastes.

What do you think? Should I distinguish between arid wastes and deserts?

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	practice 2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	710.1 KB 
ID:	16762  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LonewandererD View Post
    These types are...

Tropical - For the areas close the equator.
    Arid/Dry - For the inland areas on the tropic lines. This includes deserts.
    Tundra/Wastes - The extreme north, doesn't always have to have snow for the waste only areas.
    Temperant (Is that the right word?) - Everywhere else.-
    The word you're looking for is Temperate

I would distinguish between deserts and wastes (even if just with a different color)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That last example looks great already! Love the transistion of the desert to a more temperate climate. I would suggest planting some vegetation along the rivers in the desert in the final map. Water means life:

http://exploringafrica.matrix.msu.ed...eetsdesert.jpg
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast