Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: My world - The Everlandias

Nah, it looks that way because its zoomed out to about 55% of it really is, the lines are there, they're just very small.

I zoomed in really close and drew over all gaps with the pencil tool, occasionally checking it with the magic brush to find and fill all gaps.

-D-
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 07-24-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Hey guys, hows it going

I've made a slight altercation to the map, I've made a split in the landmass in the northeastern area of the map. This was to break up the total land mass and allow for more naval interaction. Also the new straight that was created serves a role in the history of Adallia.

With that done i split Adallia into four realms for colouring. I've coloured the first realm and put in the basic idea of borders and names but i'm going to wait until after the whole thing is complete before i make final decisions about my countries and add any labels.

So, waht do you think so far?

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adallia Original copy.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	15406   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adallia - Upper Lands.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	15407  

That's looking very nice! The layout of the land is very interesting and I love the style you picked.

You do seem to have some river issues though. I see rivers splitting, which they normally don't do. Water tends to take the way of the least resistance. So if you are shooting for a realistic map, the rivers are a problem. It's your map of course, so you can do anything you want

Are the small dots in the ocean islands?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Yeah, i'm going to redo the rivers. I did them in a bit of a hurry and when you're zoomed in really close its hard to remember where the rivers were going and coming from.

All those small little dots aren't actually supposed to be islands, they were just stray/mess pixels that seemed to get picked up by the shelf layer during construction, in the final map they won't be there as some of them are in locations that will be occupied by other landmasses. That and they're a bit unsighlty.

-D-
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 08-02-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Ah, good then... the littles dots are indeed a bit unsightly
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good stuff. Very interesting landmass shape, I like it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along very nicely...looking forward to seeing more.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hey guys, update more frequently now that i have an easy colouring system.

I tweaked the map i posted before to remove most of the river violations and those little annoying dots, i left some to serve as small islands.

I've also coloured another region, the area directly to the south. The colours didn't come out excatly the same, a problem somewhere in the Land phase, but when you put them next to each other its not that noticeable.

I'm not including any borders or place names yet until i've settled on how many kingdoms i want. I want to keep it down to around 11-13 becuase i have to write a back story for each and the fewer there are, the easier it will be.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adallia - Upper Lands.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	15447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adallia - Lower Lands.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	15448  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Those are nice, I really like the shape of the one on the right..

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Thnx man

I'm actually going to redo the one on the right as the flaw in the land stage has really messed with the colouring of the rest of the map. I'm working on the third section and found out what the flaw was and now that i've found it the problesm with the second section are now a lot more noticeable.

-D-

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast