Thread: My world - The Everlandias

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip My world - The Everlandias

Hey guys, i'm going to completely redo my world, which isn't a real bug issue as i have barely started mapping my world in the first place.

Anyway, instead of posting my three continent seperately i'm going to do my world, the Everlandias, all in one thread. At the moment i'm working on a colourscheme for my western continent of Adallia. I've been screwing around in photoshop and experimenting with Ascensions tutorials, great tutorials by the way, and have come up with this Practice Map.

Its a good start but it still needs work. Firstly, I want to know if anyone has a good way of colouring areas to look like marshland, my attempts haven't been working for me, too plain. Secondly, does anyway have a suggestion as how to make the open green area in the bottom right look like sweeping grasslands? At the moment they look a bit dull. Thirdly, should i make the forested areas darker? They need to look dense yet lively and luscious, for want of a better word, as Adallia is a very rainy place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	practice.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	14956